Friday 25 September 2009

A little bit of madness for the weekend?

So, how would you like your madness served this weekend?


Me, I'll be heading off to the Yorkshire Dales to compete in THE event in the annual Cyclocross calendar. Anyone know anything about cyclocross? No, me either. All I know is that I've got an entry for the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Cyclocross race and that I'll have to bike / run with bike on shoulder up / down Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-ghent covering 38 miles in the process. And I've got a lurgie which I'm struggling to shake off.

But still, how hard can 38 miles be. T'is but a short training ride. And 5000ft of uphill. Well, they're more molehills than they are mountains! The Ben Nevis Race must be 4500ft and I did that no bother. So, sounds like its going to be a walk in the park, then!

Closer to home, the madness this weekend will be of the WET variety, with the Glen Etive River Race. Yes, I pinched the photo from their web site but if this is anything to go by I'm a little disappointed that I won't be around as it looks like some excellent spectator sport action.

See the web site for details and catch anyone who competes and lives to tell the tale at Clachaig Inn afterwards for the prize giving.

No comments: